Sunday, February 15, 2009

First Month of Fundraising

"It is more blessed to give than receive." --Jesus Christ

What an amazing group of people! I've rarely been so touched by generosity. Never have I experienced anything of this magnitude. What we are doing together is among the greatest of thrills. I am grateful for the way you have offered your support at my urging for a cause mostly unknown to many of you only a few weeks ago.

The 19th of February will mark the first month of my fundraising effort. Already, 60% of the goal has been realized. This is, quite simply, WONDERFUL! Benjamin Franklin is purported to have remarked, "...The heaviest debt is that of gratitude, when it is not in our power to repay it." I feel that kind of debt to my team of donors. Though their contributions are not meant for me, my dream is being realized through their generosity. I will keep riding and preparing, taking my goals seriously, and thoroughly enjoying being a part of something so positive.

Thank you, everyone. I am truly grateful for a wonderful start!

Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment


Hey there!