Sunday, June 13, 2010

Let's Get Started!

Hey, everyone! Thank you for your interest in supporting JDRF and the effort to cure Type 1 Diabetes. In 2009, many of you joined me in becoming part of a powerful and special group of individuals who are helping improve the lives of people affected by Type 1 Diabetes. While I prepared to be challenged in a physically tough 100-miler through the Vermont mountains, my friends and family touched my heart by donating an incredible $5,200 to JDRF.

I have been looking forward ever since to today, when I officially begin my 2010 Ride to Cure Diabetes journey. Oh, I've already been training for a little while. It's just that, from this point on, you will be there with me! This year, I will join hundreds of other cyclists in Death Valley for a long, H-O-T ride to recognize the contributions of folks like you and honor people, like my son Braeden, who live everyday with sugar checks, carbohydrate counting, and insulin injections.

Please carefully consider supporting JDRF. Your donations help fund a research strategy that aggressively follows the most promising paths to cure, better treat, and prevent Type 1 Diabetes. This research is critically important to Braeden and my family. One way to see just how important is to visit my May 25, 2009 post and watch the video.

Thanks again for your help reaching my fundraising goal. And, yes, if another Mohawk would help, I will be glad to grow it out again!

Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment


Hey there!