Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Hundred Days - O.M.G

Holy crud! Only a dozen training weeks left...1200 miles to ride...$4,000 to raise! Do you know that April 14th feeling? The way it feels when you sleep through your alarm and have an early flight? How about when the in-laws surprise call you saying, "we'll be there in ten minutes?" That's where I am right now. Jeesh. The gravity just set in. It's time to hurry.

Fortunately, this is where I am most productive. And, I have almost a thousand reasons to feel encouraged; folks have already generously given $875...that in just the first few weeks of fundraising! That is a great start! Last week I rode 78 miles and felt awesome. That is great, too. Great start, great distance to go.

If you have been saying to yourself, "I will help Allen out this year, but it's still early," please know my palms are already sweaty and my stomach is getting that funny sensation. You know, that pit that you felt on your wedding day (was that just me?) or the last time you went skydiving. In other words, I'd love to see your donation anytime, especially today!

That is the same way I'm approaching training. I try to make gains with every opportunity. For example, I'm taking advantage of some regular travel to SC to squeeze in extra rides while out of town in addition to my routine back home. I try to cycle anytime, especially today!

Not of the Tour de France ;-) This is me in Chicago last year just before the Vermont Century.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Hey there!