Saturday, January 3, 2009

Long(er) Ride Today

I set out today to ride a little bit longer than before. On a nice loop through Telford and down to the Nolichucky river, 28 miles of rolling pavement take you past beautiful farmland to vantage points where you can see the big mountains on the NC/TN border. This would be my longest ride since a Virginia Creeper Trail trip with Jared some years ago.

Wow, I felt great until about mile 21 when I became very hungry. I felt sapped the rest of the trip. Energy for the longer rides may be my most urgent problem to overcome at this point in training. All-in-all, though, this was a great experience and gave me some "distance confidence." Mechanical note: it is apparent that I need to replace the front derailleur, which is temperamental and picks the worst times to not work properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Hey there!